It’s time for another round of Friend Friday, the brainchild of Modly Chic’s Katy Rose!
We answer questions about our thoughts on a range of mostly fashion related topics. If you are interested in participating contact Katy for more details.
1. Do you pay attention to the shows during fashion week? Which designers collections are you looking forward to seeing?
In the past I am ashamed to say no (please don’t pull my fashionista card, lol) but this year I plan on following as often as I can. I love Michael Kors, Tracey Reece and Narcisco Rodriguez, so I will be sure to be watching their shows.
2. Where are you getting your Fashion Week news from?
Mostly fashion bloggers
3. Over the years the runway has become more than just models displaying the creations of a designer. They are now spectacles. Do you think that adds or detracts from the fashion?
Yes and no, I realize that a fashion show is fantasy and the height of creativity however the true purpose of it is to highlight and showcase the designers creations.
4. Twice a year, as models begin to strut the catwalk we see articles about model size and body image. Do you think the super thin models are offering an unattainable goal to the public or are we immune to their looks?
I am immune to their looks personally but I would love to see some real looking models so I can judge accurately how a look would fit my body and lifestyle.
5. If you could sit front row at any show what would you want to see? And which celebrity would you want to be sitting next to
I would have to say Tracey Reese, she designs with real women’s bodies in mind. Joy Bryant or maybe Blake Lively…both have fabulous style!